Our Work in Bangladesh
We are working to develop the local communities in Bangladesh through:
Minority Woman Empowerment
La Vie protects minorities through
- Providing logistics for Income Generation Activities (IGA), such as distribution of sewing machines and facilitating various IGA trainings targeting the local minority women.
- Conducting numerical functional literacy.
Support Education for Children
La Vie's contribution
- Provides school supplies such as books, notebooks, pencils, sports accessories, school bags and dress, clothes, shoes and other necessary materials
Environment and Climate Change
To protect environment, La Vie helps through
- Distributing plants for social forestation
- Supplying 'Bandhu Chula' (friendly cooking burner) in the targeted villages that consumes about 10% wood in comparison to conventional village cooking burner thus it lowers emission considerably which doesn't have any health problem
- Encouraging people to use solar energy.
Statistics Speak For Themselves
161 million people live in Bangladesh.
Cultural bridge among Canada, USA, Europe and Bangladesh
Bangladeshi women to be empowered through sustainable economic development.
La Vie is trying save environment through using clean energy.
Millions of people are dont have access to power.
They need your help
Bangladesh receives an average daily solar radiation in the range of 4-5 kWh/m².
Encouraged by the availability of solar radiation, Power Division has initiated a programme to generate 500 MW of solar-based electricity. Under this programme, projects for electrification of rural health centres, educational institutions, E-centres at union levels, religious establishments and remote railway stations are required to be implemented by authorities concerned. Private sector is expected to implement commercial projects like Solar Irrigation, Solar Mini Grid, Solar Park and Solar Rooftop applications.
La Vie has distributed more than 10000 (ten thousand) plants already for last 7 years.
Bangladesh is one of the most victims of global warming. The sea-level is rising and environmental refugees are increasing in Bangladesh. La Vie initiated a program to distribute plants among school children. La Vie has distributed more than 10000 (ten thousand) plants already for last 7 years. La Vie is distributing between 3-5 plants to the children and assisting them to nurture those distributed plants.
La Vie is planning to distribute at least 5 million plants in next 5 years. Thanks to volunteers who are working tirelessly to distribute plants and to follow up with students for nurturing plants.